Apologies for the delay in updating you all. So here goes. This won’t be a warm and fuzzy post unfortunately. We’re living in strange times. I’ve been holding off from writing this blog for as long as possible, but now it’s fully apparent that the autumn/fall tour dates will not happen as planned in the UK and USA. I wanted to give our agents time to see if rescheduling shows was an actual option.
The USA was set to kick-off in September, only a few short months from now. Up until a couple of weeks ago things were looking good. We hadn’t yet seen evidence of this new wave of Covid-19 activity here in America. The simple story is that myself, our crew, our agents and business partners are NOT going to follow the Sammy Hagar model – that is to expose ourselves and our audiences to the virus and then have the responsibility of that on our shoulders. Many of the band’s fans have sent me messages like “do the right thing Andy, and postpone”. So that’s the plan. We’ll move this US tour to next March/April. It looks as if most of the venues can be rebooked in order to make a tour feasible.
With band members and crew living in the UK, US, Netherlands and France and some of those countries currently enforcing a two week quarantine on entering, it would have been extremely difficult to go ahead with tours just now, anyway.
The UK tour is planned, as usual, for next October – that’s 2021 – meaning that we’ve all missed out an entire touring season this year. The band came off the road in March, our last show being on March 13th in Seattle, Washington where all hell was beginning to break loose.
This decision is very hard for all our team members – agents, band and crew alike but It’s too risky. However, the tour dates are beginning to take shape for next year and when all of those are confirmed, fans will be the first to know.
Germany is still on course for January/February with a break in that period to nip over to the UK for the Giants of Rock Festival taking place the weekend of January 22nd – 25th together with a couple of other shows. Then our plan is to slide directly into the aforementioned East Coast and Midwest US tour. We are still waiting on the green light for the On the Blue Cruise to resume, but that is looking as if it will be sometime in April. Summer festivals such as the Ottawa Blues Festival, have also been rescheduled for next summer. We’ll be posting those dates as they come in.
In the meantime, stay safe everyone and I’ll be checking back in with you soon.
P.S. The band and promoters cannot help with rescheduling your existing tickets. Please contact the venues directly.